How do I request a refund?
Currently, there are three ways to purchase a mutualUp subscription, and so there are three ways to request a refund for a mutualUp subscription. You can purchase a subscription via Apple's App Store, Google's Play Store, and Mutual's own website. We will go over how to request a refund all three types of subscriptions in this article.
To request a refund for a subscription purchased from Apple's App Store:
- Launch the Mail app from your iPhone's home screen or log in to your email on your computer.
- Search "Your receipt from Apple" to find your digital receipt for your Mutual purchase and tap on the email of the purchase you want to be refunded.
- Tap "Report a Problem" next to the purchase you want to report. You will be redirected to Apple's problem reports page.
- Enter your Apple ID and password when prompted.
- Tap "Choose Problem" and select a problem from the menu.
- Enter details of your problem, then tap "Submit."
For more information on how to request a refund visit this Apple support page. Please note that Mutual does not handle Apple subscription refunds because Mutual purchases are made directly through the App Store. Apple has all of your actual payment information on their end, and we do not store any funds on our end. Apple must perform this refund for you.
To request a refund for a subscription purchased from Google's PlayStore:
- Go here to view your Google account.
- Scroll down to “Order History” and find the Mutual purchase you want to refund.
- To the right of the order, select More.
- Select "Request a refund" or "Report a problem" and choose the option that describes your situation.
- Complete the form and note that you would like a refund.
- You will see a message saying "thank you for sharing your concerns." You'll then get an email with your refund decision. You’ll usually get this within 15 minutes, but it can take up to two business days.
For more information on how to request a refund visit this Google support page. Please note that Mutual does not handle Google subscription refunds because Mutual purchases are made directly through the Play Store. Google has all of your actual payment information on their end, and we do not store any funds on our end. Google must perform this refund for you.
As stated on our website, "Refunds will not be issued for purchases made during a promotional time-period or for subscriptions renewals." However, some exceptions may apply. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to see if your subscription is eligible for a refund.